How I work...
As an on-location lifestyle photographer, I work outside of a studio in all seasons. I primarily shoot in public places - gardens, parks, beaches, forests, or in my clients' homes. I am both a natural light photographer and a speed-light photographer - I do not restrict myself to one category which means I can choose the right light source depending on the image I want to achieve and the circumstances.
For outdoor shoots, the best time of day for beautiful flattering natural lighting is generally two hours before sunset - alternatively, for early risers first thing in the morning is also great. This light makes a LOT of difference to the outcome of the photographs! I love late afternoon sun-light and sun flare, big fields, vast landscapes, trees, derelict and ancient buildings - all make beautiful natural backdrops for your photographs.
Who am I professionally?
I earned my degree from Brunel University in 2007 and later studied photography at the Arts University College in Bournemouth.
My gear of choice is Canon. I use professional software (Lightroom & Photoshop CS6). I read and practice - a lot.
I have been lucky enough to assist other professional photographers, including David Sinclair, Duncan Soar, Mark Gregory and Anthony von Roretz.
I'm pleased to offer an NHS Staff discount - follow the link below to find out more!
Discover even more of my personality over on Pinterest!
My name is Susie and I'm a full-time contemporary portrait, lifestyle and wedding photographer - I live in Woking, Surrey, but happily travel all over to capture places, people and products. I would describe my shooting style as relaxed, informal and organic.
A little bit about me:
- a PHOTOGRAPHER
- a WRITER - I studied English and History at university - it taught me how to communicate feelings and moments through words and images
- a SISTER to five very different brothers
- an AUNTIE to three adorable nieces & two smiley nephews
- a dog owner - you'll find me & Quinn at Horsell Common
- a PERFECTIONIST - I challenge myself to be better each time I pick up my camera. I believe in quality and strive to deliver exactly what each individual client wants from their session.
- a TRAVELLER - I was fortunate enough to be able to travel the world for two years - I photographed a number of countries and this is where my passion for photography started - I was determined to document the good, the bad and the ugly; to record life as it really was, not just how it seems in glossy travel brochures. I have literally tens of thousands of travel photos.
AND most importantly
- a TEA DRINKER
Still intrigued? A couple of other things then...
- ONE DAY I would like to...live by the ocean and have a big dog!
- I LOVE Pizza Express!
- and, I love a good film and frequently become addicted to TV Series.